We are currently looking for a CRO to be responsible for the Bute and Cowal area.
This is a part-time role, 2 days per week although there are possibilities that this could be extended at a later date. (Please note that during the induction process it is likely that the actual days and number of work days may vary week to week till training has been completed).
Primarily, our CRO’s deal with major adaptions such as external ramp and stairlift installations and level access and wet floor shower projects. They provide a confidential and professional service assisting clients through the local authority disability grant process. This includes visiting them in their own homes, providing a design service, discussing costs, helping to raise additional finance if required, managing the contractor tender process, helping with all administration and providing advice and support throughout.
It is vital that you can relate to our client group as you will be acting as their representative, so a sympathetic and caring attitude is a prerequisite. You will also be supporting our Occupational Therapist and Housing Improvement Officer colleagues so any experience and knowledge of their work and services would be advantageous.
You will report directly to the Argyll And Bute Care and Repair Manager. However, this role is home based and therefore you will be responsible for effectively managing your own time and caseload. All materials and equipment including computer, broadband, phone, printer, files and cabinets, etc will be provided for you. A risk assessment of your proposed work/office area will have to be undertaken by our Health and Safety advisors.
You will be able to demonstrate experience or a good understanding of:
- Working with the elderly and disabled
- local authority and other agency grant systems (experience of the local authority disability grants process would be advantageous)
- Housing issues in relation to disability adaptations and basic building defects
- Planning and building warrant application process
- Working with multiple client caseloads and maintaining accurate records
- Technical drawing skills would also be beneficial.
You will need to be:
- An effective communicator at all levels (excellent written, verbal an listening skills)
- An excellent time manager and have proven priority management skills
- Computer literate (experienced Microsoft Office suite user, inc Outlook email)
- A driver with a clean current driving licence and access to a car
This role will also require you to undergo a PVG check by Disclosure Scotland (Protecting Vulnerable Groups).
A background in a similar role or building services, housing services, planning or similar will be required allied to a relevant HNC level qualification in a construction or building related discipline.
The full role profile and person specification links are provided below:
CRO Person Specification (Bute) CRO Role profile (Bute)
Salary will be in the range £27,500 to £33, 500 per annum (pro rata) dependent on skills, qualifications and experience. We also offer essential car users allowance and membership of our contributory pension scheme.
or post to The Manager, Argyll And Bute Care And Repair, 5 Stafford Street, Oban, Argyll and Bute PA34 5NJ.
If you feel you would like more information please call the Oban office number on 01631 567780 and we will ensure that your details and contact information are passed to the Manager who will get back to you as soon as possible.
Closing date for applications is Friday 8th March 2019 at 5.00pm
Argyll And Bute Care And Repair Are An Equal Opportunities Employer.