Argyll And Bute Care And Repair are an independent registered charity that provides practical assistance, technical services, information and advice to the elderly, disabled or those managing long term debilitating health conditions, to enable them to remain and live in their own homes within their communities in comfort and safety for as long as they wish or is reasonably practical.
We are grant funded mainly through the Argyll And Bute Health and Social Care Partnership and our people and services cover the whole of Argyll and Bute mainland and the islands. We offer:
- Free confidential advice
- Disabled adaption grants advice and assistance
- Minor aids & adaptation installations (e.g., grabrails & bannisters)
- Installation of safety & security devices such as smoke, CO2, heat and flood alarms.
- Telecare Installations
- We also offer a private small repairs & handyperson service.
For repairs, improvements and adaptations Argyll & Bute Care and Repair will assist clients to obtain estimates, make grant applications (if applicable), co-ordinate contractors, monitor work and ensure satisfactory completion. You can get help if you, or someone who lives with you:
- is 60 years or more; or
- is disabled; or
- suffers from a long term health problem or illness
Please see our ‘getting help’ section for information on applying for assistance from us.