Job Title: Help for Homes Project Officer
Reporting to: Care and Repair Manager
Hours: 35 hours per week (Monday – Friday) – Initially to March 31st 2018, but possible extension depending on success of the Pilot and continued Scottish Government funding.
Salary: c£25,000 per annum (pro rata)
OBJECTIVES OF THE POST
- To develop and promote the Help for Homes Service in partnership with other Care and Repair offices and the Energy Savings Trust.
- To support vulnerable applicants utilising the scheme through the process from funding to completion of works.
- To collect and compile data to provide evidence of the outcomes of the service.
Argyll & Bute Care and Repair has entered into a partnership with the Energy Savings Trust to pilot ‘Help for Homes’ – an equity release funded home improvement and energy efficiency service.
The Home Energy Efficiency Programmes for Scotland: Equity Loans scheme (HEEPS: Equity Loans) provides equity loans of up to £40,000 towards the capital cost of installing eligible energy efficiency measures and essential repairs for owner occupiers and smaller private sector landlords. The pilot project, which is currently being run in three Care and Repair areas, will offer assistance through the process from application to completion of works for applicants who would benefit from support through the process.
‘Help for Homes’ Launched in mid-December 2016 in Glasgow, Argyll and Bute and Perth and Kinross and will run till 31st March 2018. Dependant on demand being evidenced and further funding being made available by Scottish Ministers the Equity Release service may be extended.
- A minimum of two years recent, direct experience of working in a related environment.
- ONC/HNC in Building, Quantity Surveying or equivalent Or time served trades-person with general building contractor experience.
- Excellent customer facing skills and ability to communicate at all levels.
- A well organised person, able to work on their own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Good IT skills and experience including Outlook, Word and Excel and using databases is essential.
- A full, clean driving licence is essential.
ApplyingYou will be sent an application pack including Job description, person specification, information for applicants and application form.
All applicants will be required to complete and submit our company application form and if you are successful following interview, references and a PVG check (protecting vulnerable groups scheme) will be requested for you prior to taking up the post.
We are committed to being an Equal Opportunities Employer and do not discriminate in any way.
Closing Date is Friday 4th August 2017 at 5.00pm. Any applications received after this time will not be considered.